What can be funded
Repair and restoration of key buildings
Are you eligible?
The Rediscovering the Underbanks project will focus on the repair, restoration, and improvement of a number of key buildings in the project area, using appropriate heritage construction techniques.
Your property may be eligible for a grant to:
· replace an unsympathetic shop front based on historic research
· carry out building repairs
· restore lost architectural details (e.g: timber sash windows, stonework and brick repairs)
· repair slate roofs and chimney stacks
· repair traditional gutters and cast iron rainwater pipes
· in some cases, to carry out structural repairs
Grant rates will vary depending on the type of work you want to carry out and you will need to make a small private contribution.
We have identified a number of high and medium priority projects, and some reserve projects. We are focusing on properties within the area that are considered to be most at risk from deterioration, although priorities may change over the lifetime of the project.
There will be an application process for all buildings that are eligible for funding.
Please contact us if you have any questions.